Search This Blog

Thursday 13 April 2017

Distress Inks Mandala

Hey there tangling friends!



I was feeling a little adventurous and decided to try a mandala on Distress Inks. Using the Bristol Vellum 9x12" 100lb paper again I marked out the circles for the mandala design. I wanted to depict the sun in the sky and, using Salty Ocean, applied the ink directly to the paper by rubbing the pad around the outside of my circle.  I then used a wet paintbrush to spread the ink around to create 'clouds' - this is so easy as the Inks react so much with water.



Then, using Scattered Straw, I rubbed the pad around - making it darker in the middle with more ink. I then spritzed it with water and used the paintbrush again the make the colour really fade out to where it meets the blue sky. I spritzed the whole lot again to get more of the water reaction effect and added some salt for good measure!


And then started drawing my mandala.






















No comments:

Post a Comment